Commodore Relaunches Amiga Brand with Powerful Mini PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

teodoreh

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2007
I am tired of this imbaciles creating a plastic case replicating an original legend and calling it with the name name. After the... Commodore64 Atom PC, now we got Amiga? W T F.

Stop this stupid thing, if you want to create a NEW amiga, go get the best minds out there and create a FREAKING NEW ARCHITECTURE. But hey, even Apple computers are PCs nowadays, so I don't expect such a miracle to happen... :-/

Qris

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2005
A "gaming PC" boasting a high end i7, 16GBs of RAM and to compliment that they choose a GeForce GT 430? What's more, at the price of $2495? Preposterous.

G

Hi Jane! It was just precious how you called this little travesty "powerful". So precious!

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Tis but thy name that is my enemy;--
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title:--Romeo, doff thy name;
And for that name, which is no part of thee,
Take all myself.

G

[citation][nom]Qris[/nom]A "gaming PC" boasting a high end i7, 16GBs of RAM and to compliment that they choose a GeForce GT 430? What's more, at the price of $2495? Preposterous.[/citation]
A "gaming PC" boasting a Linux distro. Good luck with that.

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
Although I loved my old Amiga back in the day, the pricing on this machine is preoposterous. Its aimed at hardcore gamers but has a GT430? thats laughable.
I'm amazed that they clearly don't know that the most basic requirement for a gaming PC is that you can swap out the video card.
I guess it would make a good HTPC, but $2500 is way too much for that.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]teodoreh[/nom]I am tired of this imbaciles creating a plastic case replicating an original legend and calling it with the name name. After the... Commodore64 Atom PC, now we got Amiga? W T F. Stop this stupid thing, if you want to create a NEW amiga, go get the best minds out there and create a FREAKING NEW ARCHITECTURE. But hey, even Apple computers are PCs nowadays, so I don't expect such a miracle to happen... :-/[/citation]
Then again, you could just not buy it...

amigafan

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2011
[citation][nom]andboomer[/nom]Hi Jane! It was just precious how you called this little travesty "powerful". So precious![/citation]
I find the word "travesty" you used for this even more precious :D
As for specs, IMO Jane correctly stated it has comparatively far more powerful CPU & rest of the specs than the original (any) Amiga had back in the days.

With that said, I wish they would release Amiga with original hardware (perhaps only dieshrunk as SoC) it would be instabuy for me! UAE & Amithlon are nice, but I wanna load some old Grapevine disk mag into the real thing again ;(

tdenton1138

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2007
Jeez, leave it to Commodore to continue demeaning Amiga. As an owner of both an A1000 and A3000 (that later not necessarily the best purchase decision), this headline starts to make my heart leap for a second until I realize what the end of the headline implies... Amiga was a fantabulous machine when released and Commodore quickly ran it into the ground. Unless you're talking about a miraculous new machine (ala the original), for God's sake, please leave its legacy alone.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
If the name on the front starts with an 'A', you charge 2X the price. If the A is followed by 'miga' (as opposed to 'pple') you 2X again!

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
You guys can bring over the pizza and beer, I will hook up the three A3000s, 2 A500s and the '060 1200 I have and we can knock out some marble madness, battlechess, bards tale, alien breed and a host of others. Long live the Amiga, not this pretender garbage....

Status
Not open for further replies.