[SOLVED] Common Blindspots for those seeking a Gaming/Streaming/ a.v. Production System?

Oct 2, 2020
I'm doing the work and watching videos and learning the newest jargon and products but can't help but feel like I'm gonna screw this up. Is there anything more suited for gaming/streaming that is detrimental to Audio/Video production or vice versa? Where is the Goldilocks zone without breaking the bank? (Of course). Thank You.

Solution
Well, if you're looking for "future proof", you're going to be disappointed, because such a thing doesn't and has never, existed.

"Future resistant", might be more apt, and in fact, possible. LOL.

What do you already have that WON'T need to be replaced or purchased? Do you have monitor, keyboard, mouse, or anything else that you plan to reuse? If you already have a monitor, what resolution is it? If you have other parts that you plan to reuse, not counting the mouse and keyboard which are really not important to this question, what are the models of those components?
That really depends on the level of the build and your personal preferences.

What KIND of A/V production do you do? On a professional level or more of a hobby? What SPECIFIC applications do you primarily intend to use?

What KIND of games do you generally run? What resolution and refresh rate are you targeting? What kind of quality settings are you willing to live with for the most demanding games or are you looking for an Ultra everything regardless of title type configuration?

What, if anything, do you have right now that you fully intend to repurpose for the new build, and how long has that part or parts been in service?

What is your full budget for the build and do you also need an OS or do you currently have an OS that can be moved to the new build? If you have a desktop machine currently with Windows 7, 8 or 10 on it, then most likely it can be moved to the new machine and re-activated once it is installed. You will of course have to plan to do a clean install. Trying to move an existing Windows installation from one platform to an entirely different one, pretty much only ever results in bad or worse results.

Oct 2, 2020
Thanks for the fast response, sorry for my Delay.....I'm essentially looking for a Future proof machine that will allow me to play and stream Call of Duty and also allow me to record and edit Music and Videos. None of it needs to be Top of the line as long as its upgradeable and able to handle decent multitasking. Unconcerned with Rbg flair, I have about 1000 to spend on case/parts/os. Also, Quieter the better. Would appreciate thoughts about any of it. Thanks Again.

Well, if you're looking for "future proof", you're going to be disappointed, because such a thing doesn't and has never, existed.

"Future resistant", might be more apt, and in fact, possible. LOL.

What do you already have that WON'T need to be replaced or purchased? Do you have monitor, keyboard, mouse, or anything else that you plan to reuse? If you already have a monitor, what resolution is it? If you have other parts that you plan to reuse, not counting the mouse and keyboard which are really not important to this question, what are the models of those components?

Solution
Oct 2, 2020
Yes, Resistant. Important distinction, agreed. Thanks for replying. At this point, the more I learn, the more I realize there is to learn before making a decision. I was looking if there was an easy solution earlier, but now I just really want to figure this out and understand it on my own. Because I don't and it annoys me. Take care. I'll come back when I have more precise questions.

Cool man. These are a VERY GOOD place to start, considering that the PSU is absolutely the MOST important part of ANY computer system.

https://www.corsair.com/eu/es/blog/why-does-a-better-power-supply-mean-a-better-computer-experience