Community Picks: Most Memorable Game Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalabam

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2015
The rain in Crysis with epic background music, the wind on the savanna in Far Cry 2, looking at the pit in St. Francis' Folly, the hearthbeats in Alien Isolation... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain...

pw178860

Prominent
Feb 11, 2018
Dishonored 2 "The Clockwork Mansion" is the most outstanding level design!
It should be mentioned here.

Uniblab

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
First unreal tournament(1999). CTF: "Facing worlds". Assault: "Overlord". Facing worlds was the first map that made you just want to look at before playing it. Drop player mode and just 'camera' around to see it all. Overlord was, like other choices, a recreation of the battle of normandy. Tough to get through and and some say, too real to what actually happened.

SSBrando

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2008
The first American mission storming the beach in Call of Duty 2. Or the 9th level of Wolfenstein 3D when you open that door and giant guy says 'Guten tag!' and blasts you in the face. Or the first part of the battle of the Red Queen in American McGee's Alice. Or at any point you encounter a Spider Mastermind or Cyberdemon in Doom II. Those'll work!

Pompompaihn

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
Some good ones and some that I'm a little wtf over. Ravenholm is arguably the best level ever in my opinion. Perfect example of how to introduce a new mechanic to a game without having to have it explained artificially.

Surprised not to see Rainbow Road on there. That's iconic.

lun471k

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Farron Keep in Dark Souls 3 is quite memorable, although not the most beautiful sight in Dark Souls 3, which is breathtaking sometimes.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Dust, Ravenholm, Forgotten Capital, and Green Hill Zone are definitely iconic levels for me too. I'd also add CS's Office, UT's Deck and Morpheus, Duke3D's Tiberius Station, FEAR 2's elementary school, Doom 3's Delta Labs, Ace Combat 4's Shattered Skies mission, and Xenoblade X's Lifehold Core.

g-unit1111

Titan
My pick would be the "Legal Trouble" mission from GTA V. Everything about that mission was awesome from the overhead helicopter chase to running through the airport hangar to the unfortunate fate of Solomon's lawyer. :lol:

Gh0stWalker

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
wade elementary, do this in a darkened room... gordon and alyx clearing the asylum, just about anything in horizon zero dawn, kicking around the solar system in 4k in IW, lots of others. Wade elementary still makes the ASMR run wild.

paul prochnow

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2015
Crysis, yes, all versions. Dripping mountains and caves etc. And splatting squid heads...LOL!

What about Borderlands [pl.]up for honorable mention just for the weaponry ??? Not to mention pithy narratives and cataclysmic SpecFX such as the poopdeck earthquake incredible large scope vortex destruction....that scene does not have an action equal, especially the first play of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.