Discussion Community Questions: What's the Best Battle Royale?

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9DLzkvODI0Njk3L29yaWdpbmFsL2ZvcnRuaXRlLWVwaWMuUE5H

Epic Games announced the details of their Fortnite World Cup, and the numbers are massive. With a competitive prize pool of $100,000,000, Fortnite is gearing up to take esports to a whole new level. The Fortnite World Cup announcement is capping off another winning month for Epic Games’ quintessential Battle Royale. Epic recently confirmed with Variety Magazine that 10.7 million concurrent players watched the in-game Marshmello concert. Fortnite saw another 7.6 million players concurrently on Saturday, February 16th, the largest number of concurrent players during non-event times. Fortnite is a game of millions and a force to be reckoned with, not just in esports, but for the entertainment industry writ large.

READ MORE

What’s the best battle royale game? Let us know what you think in the comments below.

Joshua Simenhoff @Johnny5

armor152

Honorable
Aug 19, 2017
PUBG is still the best by far. All the arcade style games can't compete with the adrenaline, thrill of the hunt, and strategy. The others are just boring normal run and gun games.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
SPBP

BR as it is, is a super predatory game mode. Where 30+ rabbits compete for one carrot. That carrot could be anything though (loot boxes).

That said, I guess Apex. No huge for huge sake map, decient hit detection. Hackers aren't rampant (yet). And people don't exploded into 5 story tall buildings when you shoot them.

xxxlun4icexxx

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
Apex Legends I think is the best in my opinion.

PUBG was fun for a while but they charged you pre-release for a buggy/hacker filled game. My buddies and I got sick of spending 20 minutes looting and getting great items just to watch someone in the kill cam not even aiming and 1-shotting us.

The faster pace of apex suits me better, and it's free. I don't mind them charging for the cosmetics so much since the base game is free.

While apex isn't perfect, I'm having much more fun with it then I did pubg. Also because it's a smaller group we seem to win quite a bit more.

I feel the only reason fortnite is popular is because even a potato pc can run it.

Last edited: