comp monitor buzz in mic channels help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a computer monitor next to the mixer (biamp 16x4x2) and I pick up
this buzzzzzzz in mic channels from the comp monitor... What can i do to
eliminate it ??
Is it a poor shielded monitor or will all monitors rediate rf into audio
channels??

don ward

--
---
don ward <dward7@earthlink.net>

dward7@earthlink.net (don ward) writes:

> I have a computer monitor next to the mixer (biamp 16x4x2) and I pick up
> this buzzzzzzz in mic channels from the comp monitor... What can i do to
> eliminate it ??
> Is it a poor shielded monitor or will all monitors rediate rf into audio
> channels??

CRT monitors work by accelerating eletrons to nutty velocities and
smashing them into colored dots on a phosphor screen. There's likely
not a worse noise source in your home.

Move the mixer far far away--the radiation falls off with the square
of distance. Better still, buy a flat panel LCD monitor which are far
far quieter with respect to EMI/RFI.

Best Regards,
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 01:26:58 GMT, dward7@earthlink.net (don ward)
wrote:

>I have a computer monitor next to the mixer (biamp 16x4x2) and I pick up
>this buzzzzzzz in mic channels from the comp monitor... What can i do to
>eliminate it ??
>Is it a poor shielded monitor or will all monitors rediate rf into audio
>channels??

Some are worse than others. But the obvious answer is to put some
space between monitor and mixer, keep audio wires away from the
monitor video cable.

On my Atari Falcon system, some years ago, the audio recording routine
included "switch off monitor". It made surprisingly little obstacle
to my recording :)

If the problem won't go away, consider a non-crt monitor.