Question Compability question

Christsou

Prominent
Apr 28, 2022
Hello to all the pc enthousiasts!! I have a question about my setup.. i have z690 motherboard wich supports both lga1200 and 1700.. my cpy is 12th gen lga1700 but my watercooling is lga1200.. i dont know for sure if will fit on my motherboard and i dont mean that the problem will be on sockets and brackets but i believe the pressure on the cpu and the pump will not cover correctly.. does anyone test it?

Christsou

Prominent
Apr 28, 2022
I believe you are mistaken. No motherboard supports both LGA1200 and LGA1700. Check the support page for your watercooling set up to see if there is a mounting bracket for LGA 1700.

-Wolf sends
On
I believe you are mistaken. No motherboard supports both LGA1200 and LGA1700. Check the support page for your watercooling set up to see if there is a mounting bracket for LGA 1700.

-Wolf sends

-Wolf sends
Owners manual of my asus motherboards it says that both of them are supported.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Its the z690 rog extreme maximus
ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme - Specifications Page
Intel® Socket LGA1700 for 12th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors*
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 and Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0**
This is the only CPU socket your motherboard has and it only supports the 12th Gen Intel Core I-Series Processors. This socket is physically different from the LGA1200 socket you again, you would need to check with your cooler manufacturer to determine whether or not an LGA1700 mounting bracket is available for your cooler. If not, you cannot use your current one.

What is the make and model of your cooler?

-Wolf sends

Christsou

Prominent
Apr 28, 2022
ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme - Specifications Page

This is the only CPU socket your motherboard has and it only supports the 12th Gen Intel Core I-Series Processors. This socket is physically different from the LGA1200 socket you again, you would need to check with your cooler manufacturer to determine whether or not an LGA1700 mounting bracket is available for your cooler. If not, you cannot use your current one.

What is the make and model of your cooler?

-Wolf sends
Its the asus rog ryujin 360

Wolfshadw

Titan
Its the asus rog ryujin 360
Please verify. While that does appear to support both AMD and Intel CPU sockets, it does not appear to support either of the latest Intel CPU sockets (LGA1200/LGA1700).

-Wolf sends

Last edited:

Christsou

Prominent
Apr 28, 2022
Please verify. While that does appear to support both AMD and Intel CPU sockets, it does not appear to support either of the latest Intel CPU sockets (LGA1200/LGA1700).

-Wolf sends
Well sold the cooler because i did not want to risk it and im buying the ryujin ii 360 that is compatible with 1700 socket