Compal ODM Expects Intel CPU Shortage to Last Until Mid-2019

kenjitamura

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Meanwhile inside every laptop manufacturers board room:

Executive: "Gentleman, without an Intel offering things look bleak for us"

AMD in background yelling: "Hey guys, we're offering great performance at a more affordable price point!"

Executive continues without hearing: "If things keep up we will continue to see declining sales"

AMD in background yelling: "Seriously guys, these are APU's with graphics performance that rivals discrete chips! Customers will love them!"

Executive continues without hearing: "It seems to be completely impossible to find a way to keep up supply of our high end offerings. The market that doesn't use poor quality low res TN panels."

AMD yelling in background: "They all support gorgeous graphics and customers will have better gaming experiences on Freesync! They are nearly neck in neck with Intel offerings in general compute too!"

Executive without ever glancing at AMD: "Gentleman, I'm afraid it has come... to this..."

*Executive puts loaded barrel to head* *Bang*

OMG... I don't believe the words from Intel PR anymore... no way they are going to be able to meet their supply demand...

This shortage is more and more looking like an actual decrease of their forecast supply.

Zaporro

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
lmao, more fake shortages

Samsung and other RAM manufactureres did well on their fake shortage run and price fixing scheme, now Intel joins the fun

spread fake shrotages rumors, have shitty media outlets like Tom's Hardware spread these false rumors -> people believe it

drive prices up to insane level -> and thats how they are preparing us to next level premium pricing for same CPUs as before

woahwoahwilly

Honorable
Jan 18, 2018
I'd love to see more Ryzen chips in budget laptops. My system has an Intel CPU, but probably would've been so much better for the same price with a Ryzen APU.