Company Uses Leaked Pics to Build and Patent iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

math1337

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
Can't say i'm surprised. I wonder why no one else has thought of this idea, considering how bad design patents are, and how many leaks come out for all new products.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Karma hurts like a bitch.

[citation][nom]akopp21[/nom]Haha! Wait..patents actually matter in China?[/citation]

Methinks only if you're chinese. Or in bed with the government. Or both.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
I'm glad to see this, not because I hate Apple or anything, but because things like this highlight how STUPID these types of patents are. How are round corners on a rectangle or the placement of a button patentable? Sure it makes sense to be unique, but come on already!

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]akopp21[/nom]Haha! Wait..patents actually matter in China?[/citation]

Yes, kind of.
Remember that Chinese company that got 60(or 600 millions) from selling the brand name iPad to Apple a little while ago?
Love this idea.

Someone should patent something like "communicate with your phone/pda using Chinese languages" in China, haha, wait and get rich.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
This is sad. I know that there are a lot of anti-Apple fans on this site, but replace the Apple name with the name of another company (the list is quite big). This happens too often and too much in China and stacks against the company that actually innovates/invents/sells the product. Anyone wish to buy a non-Ford F150? Or how about a Seasonic power supply not made by Seasonic at all? I really don't care what company it is that is being affected, It would be refreshing to find a way to stop this country from encouraging such reckless piracy, thievery, and downright (although admittedly very good) copying. Too many OTHER good companies pay a far higher price from this kind of crap. Everyone realizes China is mocking other countries, the people, and their laws and laughing at you as they do this right?

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]igot1forya[/nom]I'm glad to see this, not because I hate Apple or anything, but because things like this highlight how STUPID these types of patents are. How are round corners on a rectangle or the placement of a button patentable? Sure it makes sense to be unique, but come on already![/citation]
Yeah, the entire patent system could not be more screwed up. MAJOR overhaul/reform needed.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
This is why apple should have manufacturing jobs in America, because the korean and chinese will have a much harder time stealing a warehouse full of parts and assembling a working model phone and getting it to market before Apple.

If all the parts are made in China, then its a simple matter of logistics that the phone could be ready for sale in China faster than anywhere else in the world. Especially if you are going for a global launch, someone who is targeting only China could certainly beat you to the punch locally.

But no.. paying an American worker $20 in labor to make an iPhone is $19 less profit than paying a Chinese worker $0.10 and paying $0.90 in shipping.

You reap what you sew....

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
It would be ironic if only this weren't China who breaks patent rules almost every hour each day... MS, Cisco, so many companies have issues with China RE this...

It's hilarious.

airanp

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
[citation][nom]matt_b[/nom]This is sad. I know that there are a lot of anti-Apple fans on this site, but replace the Apple name with the name of another company (the list is quite big). This happens too often and too much in China and stacks against the company that actually innovates/invents/sells the product. Anyone wish to buy a non-Ford F150? Or how about a Seasonic power supply not made by Seasonic at all? I really don't care what company it is that is being affected, It would be refreshing to find a way to stop this country from encouraging such reckless piracy, thievery, and downright (although admittedly very good) copying. Too many OTHER good companies pay a far higher price from this kind of crap. Everyone realizes China is mocking other countries, the people, and their laws and laughing at you as they do this right?[/citation]

It's not about being anti Apple, or applauding a company for stealing a design, it's about making people aware of just how broken the patent system is. Unfortunately, apple has played a big part in it with all of the misc., industry standard patents that they have applied for and been awarded. There is a big difference between innovation, and building upon someone elses work and patenting the end result. Not every patent apple has been given is truly innovative if you take the time to read through them and realize that many they have just expanded on someone elses work.

alexmx

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]*snip* But no.. paying an American worker $20 in labor to make an iPhone is $19 less profit than paying a Chinese worker $0.10 and paying $0.90 in shipping.You reap what you sew....[/citation]

You're talking about crapple here.

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]This is why apple should have manufacturing jobs in America, because the korean and chinese will have a much harder time stealing a warehouse full of parts and assembling a working model phone and getting it to market before Apple. If all the parts are made in China, then its a simple matter of logistics that the phone could be ready for sale in China faster than anywhere else in the world. Especially if you are going for a global launch, someone who is targeting only China could certainly beat you to the punch locally.But no.. paying an American worker $20 in labor to make an iPhone is $19 less profit than paying a Chinese worker $0.10 and paying $0.90 in shipping.You reap what you sew....[/citation]
$19 PER PHONE!, times millions of phones = huge profit! which means like 1-5% increase in stocks and thats all that really matters! I mean, who really cares if the people your selling it too can barely afford the phone and plan to go with it because they barely have any work. Even though paying them to make the phone and ensuring they have money to buy your other products plus much better public relations could increase profits even more...but hell who cares when you can see the instant $19 per phone.*
*I hope I laid that on thick enough that everyone got the point...

Honestly I wish they would patent it in the US as well... Honestly I hate apple, not because they have mindless users (the ones that think apple is the only good option for computers) but because of their company (things like all of the patents and copyright lawsuits and all).
At least if it happened in the US some people might realize how messed up our patent system is and might have some things fixed (probably not though).

screamzack

Honorable
May 22, 2012
BAZINGA! lol.

about time apple gets a piece of their own medicine. be even better if the Chinese phone was patented in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.