Compaq 5528

I have my old Compaq 5528 that I was in the process of restoring with the quick
restore so I could donate it to a charity for kids to learn but midway thru it
completly stopped and now I cannot get it to recognize that there is a hard
drive.
I get a driver 'MSCD001" missing error. Did I fry the HD or is there a way to
get it back up. Or perhaps just give it to the trash man. Any help.

hh

When in the boot procedure do you get the error message? The message
indicates that the CD ROM drive cannot be found, not the hard drive.
HH

"EMonnie" <emonnie@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have my old Compaq 5528 that I was in the process of restoring with the
quick
> restore so I could donate it to a charity for kids to learn but midway
thru it
> completly stopped and now I cannot get it to recognize that there is a
hard
> drive.
> I get a driver 'MSCD001" missing error. Did I fry the HD or is there a
way to
> get it back up. Or perhaps just give it to the trash man. Any help.

But when I try to load Win 95 from my multi floppy disk set it aborts because
there is no hard drive.

hh

Do you have a plain Win 95 or 98 boot floppy with FDISK.EXE, FORMAT.COM and
SYS.COM on it? If not, you can download one from http://www.bootdisk.com
Try running FDISK on the drive.