Compaq CQ60-202EL ...big old problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluazz

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
Hi guys,first i want to excuse my english. Second ,i have a biiigggg old problem:
Device : HP Compaq CQ60-202EL (an old boy) ,with 2x1GB DDR2 667,120GB HDD, AMD Turion X2 RM-70(upgraded from Sempron SI-42),mobo Wistron 303c,bios upgraded to F.54, Windows 10(tryed Win7 Home ,Win7 Pro)
Problem start here :
- Load extremely slowly(bios start in secvential picture,like any other processes which are not in windows).
- If i want to watch something on Youtube,for example, its start to....block video,load hard,sound interrupted. If i speak on Skype(after 4min of load)and the person send me an image,start a lot of lag ,again interrupted sound....,and like 2-3min wait for open file after downloaded(in this time ,the person hear me interrupted,lag)
-load very hard ,if i click on a folder its take 5-10sec ,but if i want another one,its take 15-25sec+ cant do anything(lag,sound interrupted,etc)
-its work smooth sometime ,but if i give them something to do...its 80% banana

I tryed with Windows Vista (that the basic OS for him ,showed in BIOS) = same problem,Win7 Home, Pro = same problem.
Another big problem is ,temps. :
I change the thermal past(and i know what to do ,i changed a lot of past on PC,Laptops and other device) ,and i see its a little space between heatsink and GPU,like 0.2mm...its not fixed on perfect,like CPU(but there are some screws)
Before change ,temps was 80-90CPU , 120 GPU.
After change,temps 70-90CPU, 238 GPU !!! Celsius...now i have a grill BBQ . But the temps its dont feel like how CPUID ,MagicTemp,and other programs are showing.

P.S: Before change thermal past,on GPU i see he have a small sponge...i think it was thermal pad.
Its work at this temp ,about 2 year :)) no in full load ,but only on web surfing.

Bluazz

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
And this is called "Laptop" , thats how he`s work. In standard set (old cpu,old thermal past,like from factory) it was same ,even worst.
P.S: It is a second hand Laptop,no warranty,but i have nice memory with him and i need him to work better,its work slower then a pentium single core 1500 (X.x)

Did you clean off the heatsink and CPU before re-installing the heatsink with new heat grease? You don't want any gaps at all. Fix that first.

Second, the delay issue may be a failing hard drive, install Windows on a new or at least newer hard drive and see if that helps.

Bluazz

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
Ofc. i cleaned. I know everything about this,i think i need thermal pads or to bend heatsink (its from coppper and some aluminium). About second issue,i think i will try this. When i installed all OS ,its tooooooooook sooooo much....for windows 10 est. 3-4h(upgraded from win7) and for win7 about 1h~,but in HD Tune and Crystal Mark its everything OK

Bluazz

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
Another think it was : Ram? what about them 2x1GB DDR 2 667 CL5 ,isnt much better 2x2GB DDR2 800 ?
P.S: CPU-Z didnt show me on SPD>dual channel is clear and blocked ,didnt show me actived Dual Channel or Single

4 gig of RAM will make a decent improvement over 2, but faster speed may not matter. And you should check system for max RAM it will take and if it will work with 2 GB sticks. If it's a SATA hard drive (should be), you can get a smaller SSD for not much more than a standard hard drive, that will make a big difference for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS