Compaq Desk PRO SD 1000 Video Card

keith

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
for the PC.
Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
the case up.

TNX.

--
Best Regards, Keith
http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page

"Keith" <kilowatt_radio@yahoo.com.spam> wrote in message
|I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
| the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
| windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
| connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
| the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
| for the PC.
| Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
| video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
| the case up.

Download and install one of the following:
Belarc Advisor or Everest

http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

They should be able to identify your card, and then you can get drivers from
someplace like www.driverguide.com

keith

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:50:35 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
<no.spam.for.tcm@my.email.is.invalid> wrote:

>"Keith" <kilowatt_radio@yahoo.com.spam> wrote in message
>|I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
>| the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
>| windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
>| connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
>| the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
>| for the PC.
>| Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
>| video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
>| the case up.
>|

>Download and install one of the following:
>Belarc Advisor or Everest
>
>http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
>http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
>
>They should be able to identify your card, and then you can get drivers from
>someplace like www.driverguide.com

Thanks that should solve the problem. The Compaq/HP web site has
nothing that will help.

--

Keith wrote:

> Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
> video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
> the case up.

http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html
Ive used above for same on occasion and it got the video card and/or
chiset right so I could find the drivers.

On 16 Dec 2004 00:33:10 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

>Keith wrote:
>>
>> Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
>> video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
>> the case up.
>
>http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html
>Ive used above for same on occasion and it got the video card and/or
>chiset right so I could find the drivers.

TNX for the link. I will also try that on the machine.

--

Keith wrote:
> I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
> the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
> windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
> connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
> the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
> for the PC.
> Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
> video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
> the case up.
>

> TNX.

Look around here:
http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/ccsearch/search-product?sni=96251&qry=video%20drivers&lang=en&ctry=us&search=0&req_call=true&parse=true&plc=&temp_hql=&findct=&iqry=