Compaq Laptop Memory?

Robert

Is it worth while to increase the memory from 64 to 96 (this is what I read
is the max ram allowed on this machine) on a Compaq Presario 1650? Will I
see a noticeable difference? I'm not looking for more then web surfing,
email and message board reading.

Thanks for you time,
Robert

Just for the web surfing, it's likely to help. How much? Who knows. A lot
depends on how clean your system is now. Better than really bad is still bad.
Personally, I would certainly want to max out that system's RAM.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS-MVP Shell/User

"Robert" <notme@yoohoo.com> wrote in message
> Is it worth while to increase the memory from 64 to 96 (this is what I read
> is the max ram allowed on this machine) on a Compaq Presario 1650? Will I
> see a noticeable difference? I'm not looking for more then web surfing,
> email and message board reading.
>
> Thanks for you time,
> Robert

Yes, that is the maximum for the Presario 1650 notebook computer:
System Type
Laptop/Notebook
Maximum Memory
96MB
Standard Memory
32MB non-removable
Slots/Banks
1 (1 bank of 1)
(from www.crucial.com memory configurator)

This would mean removing the 32MB stick in the one slot, and replacing it with a
64MB stick. The increase should allow an improvement in opening all programs, and
reduce hard drive accessing somewhat, due to having to use the swap file less often.

As Gary states, how clean your system is just as important for performance. See
here for more info on that aspect:
http://www.aumha.org/a/health.htm
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+