Compaq netbook won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

archangel32

Reputable
Oct 10, 2015
Hi, I have Compaq netbook (at least I think it's netbook, never bothered to check). However, until yesterday it had worked completely fine. Now when I press the start button, cooler starts spinning but after a second it shuts down and it does the same thing all over. My battery is dead, but even on power cord it won't start.

Thanks in advance,
Sandi

Solution
Hi,

Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and see if it will power on normally after doing that. Next is to reseat the RAM, take the RAM off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that everything is seated properly. Lastly, clean the inside of the laptop making sure that nothing is hindering the fan from spinning freely. If all these troubleshooting steps doesn't work it's more likely your motherboard that failed already.
Hi,

Do a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and see if it will power on normally after doing that. Next is to reseat the RAM, take the RAM off for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that everything is seated properly. Lastly, clean the inside of the laptop making sure that nothing is hindering the fan from spinning freely. If all these troubleshooting steps doesn't work it's more likely your motherboard that failed already.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.