compaq no sound!

Hi to all

I have a old compaq deskpro ep c266/2.1 ntl
Now i have instal windows ME on it. The problem is that i cant find the wmd
drivers for it.
I have seen it on the net for win 98 but not for ME.
Can someone tell me where i can download it?

Sorry for my english. Its not so good.

Thanks

Sorry i mean the wdm for sound

"Hagenees" <.> schreef in bericht
> Hi to all
>
> I have a old compaq deskpro ep c266/2.1 ntl
> Now i have instal windows ME on it. The problem is that i cant find the
wmd
> drivers for it.
> I have seen it on the net for win 98 but not for ME.
> Can someone tell me where i can download it?
>
> Sorry for my english. Its not so good.
>
> Thanks

There is a strong possibility that the Windows 98 drivers will work with Windows
ME. Micro$oft changed some of the internal workings of drivers between 98 and
ME, so that some drivers also had to be rewritten. The Windows 98 drivers are
worth a try. If they do not work, your next step is to identify the audio chip
used in the computer and see if the CHIP manufacturer (not Compaq/HP) has
Windows ME drivers available on its web site... Ben Myers