Compaq Presario 5000 - Anyone know how to get inside this ..

Hello - I have a Compaq Presario 5000 machine and want to add a CD-R.
It currently has a CD drive and one free slot. I am pulling my hair
out trying to understand how to install the second drive. After
popping off the small rectangle plastic cover, I was expecting to see
an opening to slide the drive in. Instead I am confronted with a metal
barrier that seems to be welded to the internal chassis. Going in from
the inside, there seems to be no obvious screw(s) or release latch to
fully open this empty bay and make it accessible. Does anyone have any
insights, or references to step-by-step instructions that will help me?
Thank so much. Sincerely, Julia

hh

Try the Maintenance & Service Guide, located here:

http://www.compaq.com/athome/support/msgs/4951/

HH