Question Compaq Presario issues

Jun 4, 2020
My Compaq Presario V5201TU Notebook PC has windows 8.1 basic. The issue is it shuts down automatically. What may be the issue ?

Also it fails to run any of the internet web browsers and shows long script errors every time. What may be the issue??

Shutdown issue, could be overheating or a failing motherboard. The issue with browsers, when was the last time you did a clean Windows setup on it? Maybe time to do that. But since it's shutting down on you, you first need to either fix that, likely with a replacement motherboard, or replace the system. Looks like that thing has a Celeron CPU and DDR2 RAM, that is no good for modern use, you can buy a used $100-150 laptop that is much faster and works. I like the Lenovo T420 or 430 models in that price range.

Jun 4, 2020
Shutdown issue, could be overheating or a failing motherboard. The issue with browsers, when was the last time you did a clean Windows setup on it? Maybe time to do that. But since it's shutting down on you, you first need to either fix that, likely with a replacement motherboard, or replace the system. Looks like that thing has a Celeron CPU and DDR2 RAM, that is no good for modern use, you can buy a used $100-150 laptop that is much faster and works. I like the Lenovo T420 or 430 models in that price range.
Compaq Presario V5201TU Notebook PC (Intel celeron M processor 410 @1.46 GHz,1 gb DDR2 ram and Intel 945 series chipset).Does linux distribution will work ? Which distro ?
I am thinking of completely removing windows 8.1

Compaq Presario V5201TU Notebook PC (Intel celeron M processor 410 @1.46 GHz,1 gb DDR2 ram and Intel 945 series chipset).Does linux distribution will work ? Which distro ?
I am thinking of completely removing windows 8.1

Sure you can try Linux, you can use a USB boot live disk to test them without actually installing it. Most versions should work.