compaq proliant 1500 server

Hello,

I received an Compaq Proliant an I want upgrade it. My question was
this one: is it possible to put a new motherboard in the compaq and
by witch vendor i can find such motherboard?? It must be not
neccesairly a Compaq motherboard, asus or tyan is quite good also.(
but it must be compatibel of course)

Thanx to help me

Thewise :wink:

For the most part, motherboard layouts in older Compaq servers are quite
proprietary. With luck, you may find a newer Compaq server board that fits in
the same chassis... Ben Myers

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:31:43 GMT, bxldaniel@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid
(thewiseoldmen) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I received an Compaq Proliant an I want upgrade it. My question was
>this one: is it possible to put a new motherboard in the compaq and
>by witch vendor i can find such motherboard?? It must be not
>neccesairly a Compaq motherboard, asus or tyan is quite good also.(
>but it must be compatibel of course)
>
>Thanx to help me
>
>Thewise :wink:

hh

Ben's correct. Forget about a non-Compaq board. Even a newer Compaq
motherboard, though it might physically fit the chasis, is likely to have
different connectors and internal pinouts.
HH