profjo00

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
hi, as you might have read in otehr posts i am trying to get the compaq discount on this monitor. please read this quote and responde on a community college student shoudl be able to get the discount.

nstitutions that are eligible to purchase from Compaq's National Education Price List or from selected state/education contracts include:

All public or private institutions.
Community colleges.
Universities.
State colleges.
Students, staff and faculty of eligible institutions.
University hospitals.

My english is not my first language, so please help me to understand if its not clearly that I should qualify for the discount

didnt know where to put this on the forum, but i figured that i just put it on flatscreen monitors because this is about my case with compaq of getting discount on a flat screen monitor

thanx for your help

G

Actually, students do not qualify for any of the educational contracts that I am aware of. Students DO qualify for the national education discount from Compaq, and I'm sure they would be more than willing to give any student those prices. Unfortunately, they are only a few percent off of retail.

The contracts like E&I are for school purchases only. If you go to http://www.eandi.org/corporate.htm you can read about the contracts E&I has with companies, and what they are about.

Now, if Compaq happens to give someone the E&I or another contract price, then that person got lucky. One way to ensure that you probably won't get the best price is by telling them that you are a student on your order. A way to guarantee that you probably will get the best price is by getting a sales rep who either doesn't care or doesn't know about the particulars of the contracts.

profjo00

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2002
ok, i understand. the thing is that you save a $150 on the monitor if you get the higher education discount. thats why i am willing to try a couple of times. if i dont get the discount, viewsonic Vg171 is the best monitor i can think of.

G

I definitely agree that it is worth trying a few different times, although you may be out of luck.

Each contract has a representative for certain areas. It's likely that your order will be handled by the same person again. Luck is a wonderful thing though. :)