Comparible mid range graphics card to a workstaion card

Cope769

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
I am nub to computers and I am recently trying to build a mid range comp that is able to preform with workstation type programs as well as do a bit of gameing. My concern is not so much with the gameing as it is with the question of is there a mid range graphics card that can compare to any type of workstation card. I am not trying to oc or anything crazy just something that can do a bit of both... or I guess I will ask the opposite too if there is a workstation card that is mid range that can do both work and gameing decently? Can anyone shed some light on this situation, I would be pleased to hear anything because like I said I am a nub. Thanks for your time!

xaira

Distinguished
rendering and other workstation tasks work best with quadro or fire gl any gaming card can render but the weakest renderer will most likely outperform the most powerfull gamer because the drivers are written differently een though the hardware might be the same, im not sure about vice versa but any rendering card can game so according to ur budeget, if you say most important thing is workstation tasks the best bet for you is to go fire gl/fire stream/firepro/quadro/

xaira

Distinguished
rendering and other workstation tasks work best with quadro or fire gl any gaming card can render but the weakest renderer will most likely outperform the most powerfull gamer because the drivers are written differently een though the hardware might be the same, im not sure about vice versa but any rendering card can game so according to ur budeget, if you say most important thing is workstation tasks the best bet for you is to go fire gl/fire stream/firepro/quadro/

but you might not expect to go 8xfsaa

xaira

Distinguished

but you might not expect to go 8xfsaa

TRENDING THREADS