[SOLVED] Comparing between 2 CPU Coolers for R5 3600

Zuher Laith

Prominent
May 12, 2020
Hi everyone

I have my Ryzen 5 3600 CPU with no stock cooler, and I need to choose between 2 CPU Air Coolers, and I'm running on a budget!
1- CoolerMaster Hyper 212 RGB BE (70$)
2- CoolerMaster MasterAir MA610P (55$)

Now basically I'm not an overclocker, but of course I'll give the CPU a small boost, I must to, right?
But all I want is my Temps not going higher than 70-75 celcius on gaming only, and my ambient temps 24-30C, yes I live in the desert.

I'm not sure about my researches, but the Hyper 212 cooler is a little better, and there is a small difference.
Please help me on choosing whats best, since I don't do hard overclock, if there is a 5-8 celcius difference between them, I will pick the cheaper one.
Also price values are different in my country, plus If I choose the Hyper 212 cooler, I need to online shop it, but the other one is availble in my local markets, and far cheaper.

Should I judge between them both based on CFM and RPM?
The CoolerMaster Hyper 212 RGB BE:
4 Heat pipes, 650-2000 RPM, 1 Fan, 57.3 CFM, Fan Air Pressure 2.0mmH2O, Same Heatsink Material.
The CoolerMaster MasterAir MA610P:
6 Heat pipes, 600-1800 RPM, 2 Fan, 53.38 CFM, Fan Air Pressure 1.65mmH2O, Same Heatsink Material

Whats the best on value based on my non-overclocking and normal gaming usage?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
the hyper 212 is a 150w cooler while the masterair is a 180w cooler. both are overkill for the 3600 so you'll be happy either way. the money your spending is for the rgb and not cooling ability. seems you want this option so really the cheaper one of the 2 would be more than ample for the cpu.

i put a 150w cooler on my 3700x (same 65w tdp) and with prime torture test i did not see more than 60 degrees. gaming and other easier tasks keep it much lower.

keep in mind not just the cooler affects temps. your room temp and airflow in the case play a major part as well. so be sure you have sufficient airflow in the case and the room itself is not hot.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the hyper 212 is a 150w cooler while the masterair is a 180w cooler. both are overkill for the 3600 so you'll be happy either way. the money your spending is for the rgb and not cooling ability. seems you want this option so really the cheaper one of the 2 would be more than ample for the cpu.

i put a 150w cooler on my 3700x (same 65w tdp) and with prime torture test i did not see more than 60 degrees. gaming and other easier tasks keep it much lower.

keep in mind not just the cooler affects temps. your room temp and airflow in the case play a major part as well. so be sure you have sufficient airflow in the case and the room itself is not hot.

Solution

Zuher Laith

Prominent
May 12, 2020

Yeah I'll probably won't go higher than 3.9-4.0Ghz, so it would be fine for both.

Yes but after I checked reviews on the Masterair, it was VERY BAD and it was aesthetic and only looks, no performance.

So I picked the Hyper 212 and got it for 60$, the thing is, I found a AIO liquid cooler for the same price it's Corsair Hydro H45

It's pretty old I guess, but far better?
bench.png.5185a7f23dac9e2ef833f031769cffbc.png

I'm also not sure about AIO liquid coolers, will this last as much as the Hyper 212? And I don't this this needs a refill on liquid.

Also not sure but this liquid cooler on AMD its positioned in a horizontal way (corsair logo flipped) that I saw on YouTube.

What would you go on this?
And thanks for the help!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i went with the be quiet pure rock 2 myself. got the black edition for about $40. no rgb though which i did not want. same 150w tdp and has no issues with my 3700x. so the 3600 will be even easier for it.

https://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/1841

i did see that the masterair did not review very well, but honestly the slightly less performance won't really matter to a 65w cpu that likely won't ever hit 90w in my experience with them. that's with torture test running.

Reactions: Zuher Laith

Zuher Laith

Prominent
May 12, 2020
i went with the be quiet pure rock 2 myself. got the black edition for about $40. no rgb though which i did not want. same 150w tdp and has no issues with my 3700x. so the 3600 will be even easier for it.

https://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/1841

i did see that the masterair did not review very well, but honestly the slightly less performance won't really matter to a 65w cpu that likely won't ever hit 90w in my experience with them. that's with torture test running.
I totally agree, but you didn't comment on my last suggestion, the Corsair H45, what do you think?

Last edited:
No to the h45, it performs about the same as the 212 but you're introducing a pump as well as a fan which are prone to failure after 2 years or so.

A tower cooler can't break, if the fan dies you replace it with another $10 fan.
If a pump dies you're replacing the whole lot.

Stick with a tower cooler.

Zuher Laith

Prominent
May 12, 2020
No to the h45, it performs about the same as the 212 but you're introducing a pump as well as a fan which are prone to failure after 2 years or so.

A tower cooler can't break, if the fan dies you replace it with another $10 fan.
If a pump dies you're replacing the whole lot.

Stick with a tower cooler.
That is true, I was afraid of all types of problems in liquid cooling, but I saw the AIO type that needs no refill, also thought the liquid could evaporates in the pumps, not a great deal for me.

I made my pick on it, but still didn't know how BAD the Masterair compared to it, for let's say a 4.2 Ghz or less CPU, will it be a huge difference?
Thanks for help!

Honestly all 3 of the coolers will do fine with your ryzen, the master air isn't 'that' bad, in its virtue at 100% fan speed it's way quieter than either of the others.

Ryzen 5 is not that hard to cool, the soldered heatsink helps immensely and they're very efficient cpu's.

Which have you actually bought in the end?

Reactions: Math Geek

Zuher Laith

Prominent
May 12, 2020
Honestly all 3 of the coolers will do fine with your ryzen, the master air isn't 'that' bad, in its virtue at 100% fan speed it's way quieter than either of the others.

Ryzen 5 is not that hard to cool, the soldered heatsink helps immensely and they're very efficient cpu's.

Which have you actually bought in the end?
That is true, but I've seen a lot of complains, I won't risk it for the "looks", only when I spoile myself maybe.

Yes I'm sure the hyper 212 will certainly keep me cool on my R5 3600, but when the time comes and the R7/R9 processors comes cheap and must upgrade, don't know how it's gonna perform then.

I'm ordering the Hyper 212 RGB BE, best deal I got, more than happy with it!

Thanks for all the advices, I really appreciate it!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i always assume down the road if i decide to upgrade the chip and need a new cooler, then i'll just sell the cooler with the chip as added value. i never really try to make a cooler last for multiple cpu's. but then again i don't spent $100+ on the super high end ones either :)

That is true, but I've seen a lot of complains, I won't risk it for the "looks", only when I spoile myself maybe.

Yes I'm sure the hyper 212 will certainly keep me cool on my R5 3600, but when the time comes and the R7/R9 processors comes cheap and must upgrade, don't know how it's gonna perform then.

I'm ordering the Hyper 212 RGB BE, best deal I got, more than happy with it!

Thanks for all the advices, I really appreciate it!

Ryzen 7, it would still be fine, ryzen 9 I'd want something more substantial to be honest.

i always assume down the road if i decide to upgrade the chip and need a new cooler, then i'll just sell the cooler with the chip as added value. i never really try to make a cooler last for multiple cpu's. but then again i don't spent $100+ on the super high end ones either :)

I've always been the same until this current fortis 3 malik I've got, cost me £40, its performance is insane, ryzen 7 running prime95 with avx and it still only touches 60c.

TRENDING THREADS