Question Comparing Hotspot Shield and Avast. Which one is supposed to be better?

Jul 25, 2019
I came across multiple reviews online regarding anti-virus softwares but can't decide which one to opt. I've heard Avast has updated few features and it has a better edge over Hotspot.

What do you guys think?

Although Avast scored one of the top places in latest independant tests, it's known for slower webpage loading and file/application open because of scanning.

Hotspot is only a web traffic antivirus, no local files protection, it can be used as a compliment to any other antivirus. Can't see any point in using it standalone.

Free Avast is great. If you're paying for an antivirus, it's better to go with the longstanding leaders: BitDefender, Kaspersky, Norton, McAfee

Jul 25, 2019
Although Avast scored one of the top places in latest independant tests, it's known for slower webpage loading and file/application open because of scanning.

Hotspot is only a web traffic antivirus, no local files protection, it can be used as a compliment to any other antivirus. Can't see any point in using it standalone.

Free Avast is great. If you're paying for an antivirus, it's better to go with the longstanding leaders: BitDefender, Kaspersky, Norton, McAfee
I had Norton once when I bought a new Laptop years back. It was free at that time but later it expired and asked for a payment to renew the service. I did that but the software froze my laptop several times.

At times I had to force restart my Laptop and initially, I removed the software from my device. Since you are recommending it, has the service gotten better now? My experienced wasn't that great. Otherwise I think I'll go for Kaspersky.

TRENDING THREADS