Build Advice Compatability issue with new Graphics Card

Jul 20, 2020
Hi,
My computer was beginning to struggle with a lot of games so I decided to try and upgrade the graphics card as my current one was pretty old (EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB). I did a bit of research and ended up with the Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING AMP Video Card.

However, it doesn't seem to be properly recognized when I start up the computer with the new graphics card. The resolution is way off, super zoomed in and I get odd colours appearing, it also won't run any programs that require the graphics card properly. I did try running speccy and that managed to identify the new graphics card in there though.

I've also tried reinstalling the graphics drivers to see if that would help. One thing I found that said it might help was trying to update the BIOS but it also said to be careful when doing that so I figured I would check before taking that step.

I've put all my parts through PC part picker and that didn't find any issues so I was wondering if anyone could help me? I haven't built a computer before so I'm not sure if there's something I'm just missing. The graphics card was also a fairly tight fit into the case as the bracket at the back when the display ports are sticks into the case a little bit. Though I did manage to get it in, in the end.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/JdnkNq

Thanks,
Thasgorth

Jul 20, 2020
Thanks for your responses.
I used DDU and uninstalled and got the drivers off of the Nvidia page to reinstall the drivers. I've also tried using the Zotac webpage to install the drivers but that didn't work either.

The monitor is connected to the new graphics card not the motherboard, though I have connected it to the motherboard to test that before and that worked fine.
I've used a HDMI cable to connect it, the card also takes display port however my monitor does not.

Sorry, I forgot to mention before but when the computer starts up it makes a beeping noise and takes a much longer time than normal. I've looked at the motherboard BIOS codes and I think the beeping corresponds to:
Video error (no addin graphics card installed)

Also the computer does work fine with the old graphics card and recognizes that without any issues.

Jul 20, 2020
So I had a look at the device manager which shows the graphics card there but has disabled it as it says windows has detected a problem with the device and disabled it. (Error code 43)
Which seems to just be a fairly generic error, one possible reason though is it's not getting enough power. The card requires an 8 pin PCI-express connection and the PSU has an 8 (6+2) pin connection the old graphics card only needed a 6 pin connection. I've plugged in both the 2 and the 6 pin connections tot he new card though so it should work but is there possibly something here I am missing?