Question compatability question

Apr 14, 2019
i just got the gigabyte b450m ds3h and i want to know if my ram is compatible and my ram is corsair vengeance rgb pro 16gb 288-pin ddr4 dram at 3000mhz

It's 90% likely that it will work fine without any fiddling with the memory configuration, but in ALL cases some configuration and tweaking of the timings may be necessary on any memory that does not come with an AMD memory profile pre-configured. Mostly, that would be only the Flare X modules.

There are many verified memory kits but I can't tell you if yours is among them without knowing the exact model of your memory kit. Chances are good you are fine, but if you want to know for certain all you can do is try.

Besides which, if you already have the motherboard AND the memory, what does it matter? You are going to have to try it no matter what. There is no problem in trying it AND you NEED to first try with only one stick installed, and make sure you have the MOST recent motherboard BIOS installed BEFORE you try running both sticks.

It is also particularly important that you only install those modules in the A2 and B2 slots, which are the second and fourth slots over from the CPU socket.

Reactions: oZone_tickle