Compatibility: Asus Acer 780 - 069 and to buy an Asus Acer 780 - 069 and Nvidia Geforce 1070 mini

Aug 8, 2018
Hello everyone,
I would like to buy an Asus Acer 780 - 069 and replace its gpu with an Nvidia Geforce 1070 mini. My doubt is, will it be able to fit? The gpu dimensions are 21,1 x 4,1 x 12,5 cm (8,3 x 1,6 x 4,9 inches)
Thank you very much for your help!

Solution
Yeah, you can mod the case all you want. Or you can just buy another case if it is not worth the trouble. You can get a cheap case for around $20 that would fit everything. You would just have to take everything out of the OEM case and put it in the ew case.
I don't know if it will fit (probably will if it is a mini 1070), but I doubt the PSU will be able to support a 1070. The Acer 780 comes with a 6400 and a 730, it is not going to have a very beefy PSU and the 1070 will use a LOT more power than the 730. Prebuilt systems usually don't come with very good PSUs in the first place and the one inside that system was not designed for the types of loads the 1070 will bring.

Aug 8, 2018

I already wanted to change the PSU,so I was aware of it. My doubts are that the 1070 mini still has double fans, and the infos that I find online are contradictory.
Thank you for your answer!

Haha, yeah Zotac does not know what mini means. lol

Go with EVGA's mini. Or buy a cheap mATX case.

Aug 8, 2018

Thank you for your help :) Man, I hoped that it would fit, it would have been a great solution

It still may fit. 8" is not too long of a GPU. I just don't know the dimensions of the case. Getting the dimensions of that case is not easy cause it is a OEM case. If you have the case, then open it up and measure it from the back of the motherboard PCIe slot and see how much length you have to the front of the case. As long as there is not a HDD cage or something in the way, you may be fine.

Aug 8, 2018

the length should be around 42,5 cm, wich is double the length of the gpu (21) I believe there is an HDD cage, but can't I just make an hole in it or something similar? (easier said than done, I know :p)

Yeah, you can mod the case all you want. Or you can just buy another case if it is not worth the trouble. You can get a cheap case for around $20 that would fit everything. You would just have to take everything out of the OEM case and put it in the ew case.

Solution