compatibility between Kingston Hyperx blu 8GB DDR3 and Gigabyte B75M-D3H

laxman75

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
Hello guys,
I have recently bought two Kingston Hyperx blu 8GB DDR3 and Gigabyte B75M-D3H for intel i5 3450.

It is starting ok but very soon, like in minutes, it shows scrambled colored patterns.

specially when it tried to access my cdrom drive once I log in windows 7.
Even if I am not starting windows and I am in bios setup, it will show scrambled colored pattern for a minute and then reboot.
This happened man times. I am lost as to what to do?
My wild guess says its about memory or mobo.
Anyone can help me please understand why it is happening?
and possibly what to do?

Thanx In Advance
Laxman

Solution
Hi Laxman,
I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support and would like to offer our assistance. The issue described can be caused by multiple different components including the memory. If you are using a graphics card, first you may want to try removing it and see if the onboard video has the same issue or not. If the issue is occurring with the onboard video, then it could be the motherboard, CPU, or RAM. If you have alternate RAM to try that could narrow down the issue as well as trying each module one at a time. That would help since it is unlikely that both modules would be bad. You may also just want to reseat all components, including the CPU. The CPU contains the GPU for onboard video (Intel® HD Graphics 2500) so it could be the...

kingstonhq

Honorable
Mar 11, 2013
Hi Laxman,
I'm Jewel with Kingston Technical Support and would like to offer our assistance. The issue described can be caused by multiple different components including the memory. If you are using a graphics card, first you may want to try removing it and see if the onboard video has the same issue or not. If the issue is occurring with the onboard video, then it could be the motherboard, CPU, or RAM. If you have alternate RAM to try that could narrow down the issue as well as trying each module one at a time. That would help since it is unlikely that both modules would be bad. You may also just want to reseat all components, including the CPU. The CPU contains the GPU for onboard video (Intel® HD Graphics 2500) so it could be the problem as well. We can also verify if the memory is compatible by specifications if you could provide the PN, it should start with KHX. Generally speaking the HyperX Blu memory should not have any issue running in your build on default settings based on the specifications of the motherboard and CPU. Also, you may want to try resetting the CMOS on your motherboard in case any settings were changed in the BIOS that could have created the issue. For further assistance, please call us at 1-800-435-0640 (USA and Canada only) M - F 6am - 6pm PT and I or another available Technician will assist you. Please be sure to have the part in question on hand when you call.

Thank you for selecting Kingston as your upgrade partner.

Solution

Alpha-Black

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
i had this problem with mine too.This is not an issue with graphic card.on of your Memory (Ram) data bank of Sector is not functioning properly.Remove them one by one and check them as single module one of them is creating this problem.you just need to replace the faulty one with a new properly working RAM.
Just do this and you will know which one is faulty one will scramble the screen and that is faulty.if both are doing the same thing then Clean your RAMs Connectors with News paper and clean Memory Slots on Mother board.
as you stated you have B75M-D3H so you have 4 memory bank slots try putting rams on sam colored banks like white or sky blue these are just suggestion but the first i told you that is the problem i'm 99% sure.

I got a friend whit very similar kit and no problems so far,FIRST CHEK THE MEMORIES ON OTHER MOBO so you can diagnostic, its posible that the HD graphics have some issues,you most be sure that all the setings on de Bios are defaults (load system defaults) or execute a Clear CMOS on the board. Here some friend of mine recently bouht a Core i3 that did something similar and it was the HD graphics . THAT KIND OF ISSUE ALWAYS HAS TO DO WHIT MEMORIES OR GRAPICS FOR SURE,so test the CPU and MEMORIES on another MOBO to see what hapends