[SOLVED] Compatibility check - Motherboard and CPU

Solution
No, not at all. That's an Intel motherboard and an AMD CPU. You will have to get an X570 motherboard for Ryzen 3000, or an X470/B450 motherboard that supports BIOS flashback.
Jan 8, 2019
No, not at all. That's an Intel motherboard and an AMD CPU. You will have to get an X570 motherboard for Ryzen 3000, or an X470/B450 motherboard that supports BIOS flashback.
You sure mate? I've had a AMD motherboard with a Intel cpu for 7 years with a few different cpus and had no issues because of the brand difference.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
You sure mate? I've had a AMD motherboard with a Intel cpu for 7 years with a few different cpus and had no issues because of the brand difference.

pretty damn sure mate, don't know what you're on about, but I 100% do NOT believe that you've ever ONCE used an AMD board and an Intel CPU together successfully.

Completely different design, completely different sockets, completely different architecture, completely different EVERYTHING.

They create and develop their own technology, hardware, and CPU's.

A CPU isn't just a thing that is standardized with some kind of patent that you can just buy from one manufacturer or another, AMD and Intel custom make their own solutions from the ground up and they are NOT the same in the slightest hardware wise.
They aren't simply different brands producing the same thing.

And if in some magical way, you have for some reason used and AMD board with and Intel CPU, or an Intel board with an AMD CPU in the distant past, that is not the case now, and has not been for as long as I can remember since the Pentium and the Athlon (circa 1990's)

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
100% certain.

No. You haven't The two are not compatible.

-Wolf sends

Wait...... I think this is a troll post. :LOL:
They got us good with this one. Got me baited into ranting about the differences.

Either way their question has been answered.
Go ahead and lock this thread but don't delete it so anybody else out there who is new to PC hardware who has a similar question that is legit can get an answer 🆒(y)

Jan 8, 2019
Welp alright guys, you don't need to beleive me but yeah, the first guy was the most helpful. I know what motherboard to get now so thanks man.

Everyone else thanks for dog piling. (n)