[SOLVED] Compatibility check

Jake311202

Prominent
Apr 23, 2020
Hi, i am planning to upgrade everything in the near future however i dont have the cash for all of my components yet.

Currently i have a i5 7400 / gtx 1050ti / 16gb ram / h100m-r motherboard and a bad PSU which i know i need to upgrade / 500gb ssd / 1tb hdd

I am planning to upgrade my system but i was wondering, if i buy a 1600 super and a new PSU to pair with the i5 7400 and h110m-r motherboard. will it work okay because on partpicker it says 'Some Intel H110 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Kaby Lake-S CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions '.

I just wanted to know if this error message means that it won’t work, I’ve been using the motherboard and cpu for a year or two now, I’m just planning to add a new GPU and PSU for the time being.
Cheers

Last edited:
Solution
Hi, i am planning to upgrade everything in the near future however i dont have the cash for all of my components yet.

Currently i have a i5 7400 / gtx 1050ti / 16gb ram / h100m-r motherboard and a bad PSU which i know i need to upgrade / 500gb ssd / 1tb hdd

I am planning to upgrade my system but i was wondering, if i buy a 1600 super and a new PSU to pair with the i5 7400 and h110m-r motherboard. will it work okay because on partpicker it says 'Some Intel H110 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Kaby Lake-S CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions '.

I just wanted to know if this error message means that it won’t work, I’ve been using the motherboard and...

I just wanted to know if this error message means that it won’t work, I’ve been using the motherboard and cpu for a year or two now, I’m just planning to add a new GPU and PSU for the time being.
Cheers
That doesnt make any sense.
You do BIOS updates when you upgrade CPU,not gpu.
Im assuming you bought a prebuild and that the guy that made your pc already did a bios update on that h100 mobo (before he gave it to you) for i5-7400.Thats why pcpartpicker says "You may need a bios update..." because its assuming that you are upgrading TO i5-7400 from some weaker cpu and it says that it will need a bios update for that i5 to work.Anyway,i dont know if you want 1650 super or 1660 super since you only mentioned "if i buy a 1600 super",but im sure they will all work.The mobo supports it and it will be a good pair with your cpu.

Solution