[SOLVED] Compatibility concerns regarding upgrade of my current build

JankoPosvacal

Commendable
Jun 1, 2020
Hello guys, I'm currently upgrading my build and I'm going for:

Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS Prime B450M-K (can also go for MSI or Gigabyte, decided for ASUS since it had the most positive reviews out of the three)
HyperX 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz CL16 (gladly would go for 16GB but tight budget)
Zalman T7 for a case (not 100% decided on that yet)

I already have an idea about the compatibility, but still wanted someone's opinion on the matter. Stuff that I'm keeping from the old build is:

Seasonic SS600
Gainward GTX 1060 6GB
Samsung Evo 860 SSD

If there is something that could cause incompatibility, please let me know and also if you could, a suggestion as to how to correct it would be nice. Thanks so much in advance!

Reactions: white.a.drew
Solution
Thanks for the reply. I also wanted to ask but forgot. Since my previous build was running an Intel CPU. Is there something I need to install/uninstall on the SSD?

Thank you
Your changing a lot you need to do a fresh install of windows. That will wipe the drive so backup anything you can't loose.
Hello guys, I'm currently upgrading my build and I'm going for:

Ryzen 5 2600
ASUS Prime B450M-K (can also go for MSI or Gigabyte, decided for ASUS since it had the most positive reviews out of the three)
HyperX 8GB DDR4 2666 MHz CL16 (gladly would go for 16GB but tight budget)
Zalman T7 for a case (not 100% decided on that yet)

I already have an idea about the compatibility, but still wanted someone's opinion on the matter. Stuff that I'm keeping from the old build is:

Seasonic SS600
Gainward GTX 1060 6GB
Samsung Evo 860 SSD

If there is something that could cause incompatibility, please let me know and also if you could, a suggestion as to how to correct it would be nice. Thanks so much in advance!
So far i see nothing wrong with the list

JankoPosvacal

Commendable
Jun 1, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I also wanted to ask but forgot. Since my previous build was running an Intel CPU. Is there something I need to install/uninstall on the SSD?

Thank you

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Care to explain why it needs to be done? Right now, I can't possibly wipe the drive. So, my question is, is something bad gonna happen if I just use it as it is?
Might work like it is but probably not you can try it. Your completely changing platforms. Post what you have and what your changing to in Storage forums and ask if you need to do a fresh Install if you would like to but your going to get the same answer.

Last edited: