Compatibility error

mogong

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
Hello, my laptop is ASUS A42J..it's a windows 7..the problem is my program compatibility has changed..i don't really know what had happened but according to my sister she want to open something using the "OPEN WITH" and she used Window Media Player..when she click it, all the compatibility for Google Chrome, Life Frame, AVG 9.0, Tune Up Maintenance, Microsoft Office had changed to Windows Media Player..So, i can't open any of the program i mentioned above bcoz everything had changed to a media player compatibility, the symbols for each of it also changed to windows media payer..so, what's the problem actually and how to fix it??? if u don't really understand what i'm trying to explain, just reply my message and tell me..i'll try my best to explain it to u bcoz i really need to fix the problem ASAP..later, i'll ask my sis back bout what really happened..Thanks for any help..

btw, i've troubleshoot the program compatibility and the issues found was "incompatible application"..

mogong

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
ok..i'm really sorry but i can't access the internet..it occur to my other laptop where all the program compatibility changed..do u have any idea how to visit the link u gave me by using the corrupted laptop??

To use System Restore

Before you start System Restore, save any open files and close all programs. System Restore will restart your PC.

Open System Restore by clicking the Start button .

In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.

If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Follow the steps in the wizard to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

mogong

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
ok, i got it..i had an access now but the problem now is the page can't be found..the link u gave me only bring me to windows but it said the page u requested can't be found..

mogong

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
i retyping it..ok, i got it now..sorry for that but now i got another problem..i found the steps and i had followed it..typing the system restore in the search box and clicked on it..but i can't open it, it's also in the form of windows media player where i can't access into it..guess i'll not succeed to fix this problem..so sad :( , anyway really thanks for ur help..i really appreciated it..thanks again :)

mogong

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
well, i copy and paste in THIS laptop but for the OTHER laptop that encountered problem i'm typing it back..why?? does what i had done wrong?? hehe btw, i had try and looks like nothing going to work..i searched for other solutions but still no happy news for me..maybe i should send the laptop to the computer technician to fix it..hehehe :na:

mogong

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

ehm, sorry i log out back then..ehm, yeah i can go to control panel..ok, i'm using the corrupted laptop right now..so, what shud i do in control panel??