Compatibility for cpu,motherboard & graphics card

Sukantabiochem

Prominent
May 15, 2017
Can I use gigabyte lmt-usb3 motherboard with amd fx8370 and asus 2gb raedon r7 240x? my ram is 1X8 ddr3 corsair vengeance.I am also willing to know am I able to play latest games or not in this configuration.
Thanks for any suggestions in advance..:)

Solution
You may need to clarify what your motherboard model is (especially with Gigabyte and their revisions). The closest I could find is the GA-78LMT-USB3 rev. 4.1. The FX-8370 is compatible with this motherboard.

As I understand it, the FX CPUs haven't fared as badly as thought and are adequate. But I'm not sure about actual benchmarks as the sites I'm familiar with don't often use FX CPUs in their benchmarks.

I couldn't find any reference to an r7 240x. An r7 240 would be compatible (as would practically any modern graphics card). I wouldn't use it for gaming though as it's not designed for it.

However, I would imagine your desire to play the latest games will be hampered on both accounts as they tend to be CPU intensive and require...
You may need to clarify what your motherboard model is (especially with Gigabyte and their revisions). The closest I could find is the GA-78LMT-USB3 rev. 4.1. The FX-8370 is compatible with this motherboard.

As I understand it, the FX CPUs haven't fared as badly as thought and are adequate. But I'm not sure about actual benchmarks as the sites I'm familiar with don't often use FX CPUs in their benchmarks.

I couldn't find any reference to an r7 240x. An r7 240 would be compatible (as would practically any modern graphics card). I wouldn't use it for gaming though as it's not designed for it.

However, I would imagine your desire to play the latest games will be hampered on both accounts as they tend to be CPU intensive and require higher specced graphics cards. This will depend on your expectation in terms of performance. Read through this as additional information: https://steamcommunity.com/app/391220/discussions/0/405692758704321224/

Solution