Question Compatibility/graphics issues with Xbox Series S on M27Q

Nov 14, 2021
As the title suggests I have some issues with my Serie S on my Gigabyte M27Q monitor - namely that the in-game graphics are absolutely atrocious (Xbox360 level). The crispness seems there on menus etc.. But as soon as it goes in-game the graphics drop to an awful level. I have tried 4 or 5 different games a mix of optimised series x/s titles, older and newer ones and all are the same.

I'm fairly uneducated on these matters but I have tried the many different fixes suggested on other forums, adjusting the settings in the xbox to enable 1440p at 120Hz, updating the firmware on my monitor, switching between the HDMI cables provided by the xbox and monitor, plus tweaking different settings on the xbox and monitor itself - all to no effect on the graphics.

I guess I'm asking if anyone else has had similar issues themselves either with this monitor or another with the Serie X/S and whether they have diagnosed the issue either as setting adjustment or if it's a compatibility issue with the monitor itself.
Although I've heard vague mentions of compatibility issues with certain monitors I can't find anything concrete to confirm this with the M27Q. It was listed here as one of the best monitors to use with the Serie X/S so I'm assuming they at least must have had no issues when testing: The 6 Best Monitors For Xbox Series X - Fall 2021: Reviews - RTINGS.com.
Any info would be appreciated if anyone has been in same situation. Obviously I don't want to go ahead and buy a new monitor if I'm only going to have the same issues with that one

Nov 14, 2021
My first thought but I tried the Xbox on a 1080p TV and the graphics were much better. Also seen performance on a friend's 1440p monitor and was a big difference.