[SOLVED] Compatibility issue? Gigabyte B450M x AMD with graphics on chip

Nortonrs

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
I'm trying for 4 months to install Ryzen 3 3200g in a B450M-DS3H Gigabyte motherboard and it didn't work.
The problem:
After a fresh windows install, when updating the video drivers to the Vega8 the system simply flickers the video and goes to no-video black screen. After that I can't reboot the system. Probably some files gets corrupted.
Gigabyte exchanged my motherboard for a new one (I supposed it was damaged) but the same issue happened. Hdd, memory, psu are ok
I bought an Athlon 3000g to test and the same issue happened. Probably a compatibility issue between this board and processors with graphics on-chip.
Testings:
-F50 bios (most recent) and F40 (suggested by Gigabyte technician).
-Windows builds 1903, 1909, 2004
-drivers updates from AMD site, Gigabyte site and from devices manager of windows. All of them, when updating video, image flicker and loose video. Can't boot again.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Solution
After months of research I finally found what's going on.
I was using, for a couple of years, a HDMI video cable with a HDMI-DVI converter in one side (to connect to my monitor) . It always worked fine.
As last breath, I swapped my video cable with another one, with no adapter. One side has a HDMI connector and other side a DVI connector. And guess what?... It worked. No more "no-video" issues. And Ryzen VEGA drives loaded correctly .
Now, I need research why does it happen. Maybe an internal connection in the adapter that turned it not compatible with Ryzen based systems?
Thanks to everyone who took a time reading or thinking about it.

Nortonrs

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
After months of research I finally found what's going on.
I was using, for a couple of years, a HDMI video cable with a HDMI-DVI converter in one side (to connect to my monitor) . It always worked fine.
As last breath, I swapped my video cable with another one, with no adapter. One side has a HDMI connector and other side a DVI connector. And guess what?... It worked. No more "no-video" issues. And Ryzen VEGA drives loaded correctly .
Now, I need research why does it happen. Maybe an internal connection in the adapter that turned it not compatible with Ryzen based systems?
Thanks to everyone who took a time reading or thinking about it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS