[SOLVED] Compatibility issues?

Sep 17, 2021
I bought this components and after building the PC I can not get it to "post" I think you guys call it.

Everything is new except the GPU which I just gave a friend to test if it is dead ( since it came from my old PC build which suddenly died)

The components are :

Asus B560M Plus Tuf Gaming wifi
Corsair LPX black DDR4 3200 (2x8)
i5 10400F
Corsair 650W CX650F

GPU : Gigabyte gtx 1060 6gb

I asked to the store several times and they said it was all compatible but now it does not work. Do you guys see any problem? I tried to look for compatibility issues between mother and RAM but I think they should be ok :(

If someone can take a look and help me I will be very grateful. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution
I had to search up what that would look like :ROFLMAO: I dont see anything like that.
There are two pieces of plastic that I dont know what they are for
this one
IMG-20210926-224854-DRO.jpg

And behind this bar with the yellow arrow theres one too. that bar actually had a sticker with some instructions that I did not know what they were for and I removed it ☠
IMG-20210926-225015-DRO.jpg

Sorry for the huge pic
You will need to look in the manual for the bios clear jumper pins.
Make sure the pins don't have a jumper on them.
I bought this components and after building the PC I can not get it to "post" I think you guys call it.

Everything is new except the GPU which I just gave a friend to test if it is dead ( since it came from my old PC build which suddenly died)

The components are :

Asus B560M Plus Tuf Gaming wifi
Corsair LPX black DDR4 3200 (2x8)
i5 10400F
Corsair 650W CX650F

GPU : Gigabyte gtx 1060 6gb

I asked to the store several times and they said it was all compatible but now it does not work. Do you guys see any problem? I tried to look for compatibility issues between mother and RAM but I think they should be ok :(

If someone can take a look and help me I will be very grateful. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.
When you power up do the fans spin?
Do the lights on the keyboard work?

Reactions: crowying
Sep 17, 2021
The CPU fan and the box fan work, the motherboard has lights too, the GPU had lights and the fans would start and then stop. The lights from the keyboard never turned on. I actually looked up this issue quite a bit and people suggested to switch the rams around, try with only one etc.

The CPU fan and the box fan work, the motherboard has lights too, the GPU had lights and the fans would start and then stop. The lights from the keyboard never turned on. I actually looked up this issue quite a bit and people suggested to switch the rams around, try with only one etc.
Make it smaller.
Unplug all disk and disc.
One stick of ram in the proper slot.
If no help try the other stick of ram.

Sep 17, 2021
I did try all that. I feel like I tried all combinations with the ram sticks too. That is why I was wondering if maybe they was some compatibility issue :/ I will check manual on what is the proper slot in case I somehow I missed it but now I dont have the GPU to test it .
Before putting the CPU in there was one slightly bent pin, I wonder if that could cause all that. It was not even badly bent. Perhaps one component is just faulty.

I did try all that. I feel like I tried all combinations with the ram sticks too. That is why I was wondering if maybe they was some compatibility issue :/ I will check manual on what is the proper slot in case I somehow I missed it but now I dont have the GPU to test it .
Before putting the CPU in there was one slightly bent pin, I wonder if that could cause all that. It was not even badly bent. Perhaps one component is just faulty.
Yup....you try to get it down to the smallest number of connected parts and if it still fails you start changing parts.

You might want to consider taking the mobo out of the case and set it on a piece of cardboard.

WAG.....make sure the mobo did not ship with the bios clear jumper installed.

Sep 17, 2021
WAG.....make sure the mobo did not ship with the bios clear jumper installed.
I had to search up what that would look like :ROFLMAO: I dont see anything like that.
this one

And behind this bar with the yellow arrow theres one too. that bar actually had a sticker with some instructions that I did not know what they were for and I removed it ☠

Sorry for the huge pic

this one

Sorry for the huge pic
You will need to look in the manual for the bios clear jumper pins.
Make sure the pins don't have a jumper on them.

Solution