KosmoLMAO

Prominent
Dec 15, 2022
I wanted to know if the
GIGABYTE Z390 M
I see that it has 4 memory slots that are DIMM, isn t dimm laptop memory ?
can I put the ram from below in this motherboard ?
This is the link to the motherboard https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-M-rev-10#kf
Can you even activate intel xmp on 3600mhz?

motherboard will work fine with an i5 8500 cpu + a
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
+ these sticks of ram
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB(2x8GB), DDR4, 3200MHz, CL16, Dual Channel

on this power supply
Corsair RMx Series™ RM550x
and this gpu
Radeon RX 6600 PULSE 8GB GDDR6 128-bit

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
DIMM (dual in line memory module) is just another term for a RAM stick .
it is a general term for a circuit board which holds memory chips .
you can basically use any DDR4 desktop memory with your motherboard (faster the better of course)
2x8gb 3200 MHz cl 16 is sort of a middle of the road standard for DDR4 memory (performance/price/capacity) .

KosmoLMAO

Prominent
Dec 15, 2022
DIMM (dual in line memory module) is just another term for a RAM stick .
it is a general term for a circuit board which holds memory chips .
you can basically use any DDR4 desktop memory with your motherboard (faster the better of course)
2x8gb 3200 MHz cl 16 is sort of a middle of the road standard for DDR4 memory (performance/price/capacity) .
If you look at the website of the motherboard that I put the link to in the post you will se that it says xmp profiles support and it desn t say 3600mhz, does that mean it doesn t support xmp for 3600mhz ram cuz I would like to use 3600 mhz ram

If you look at the website of the motherboard that I put the link to in the post you will se that it says xmp profiles support and it desn t say 3600mhz, does that mean it doesn t support xmp for 3600mhz ram cuz I would like to use 3600 mhz ram
Your op shows 3200 ram.
Now your saying you want to run the ram at 3600 speed.
Is that correct?

Yes the mobo supports 3600 speed.

Reactions: KosmoLMAO
Ram faster than 2666 needs to be overclocked.
Faster ram may have xmp profiles embedded the stick
itself. These profiles specify the voltage and cas numbers sutitable for a supported speed.
What specifying xmp in your bios does is read the selected profile and sets them in the ram settings.
You could specify them yourself.
The motherboard specs say the board will boot at 2666 speed to get you into the bios where you can select xmp to overclock the ram. Up to 4366 with suitable ram.

Reactions: KosmoLMAO