Compatibility mode question.

Matthew Renna

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2017
On my Windows 7 computer, if I set the compatibility mode to Windows Vista, I'm still able to run the latest versions of firefox and chrome. Why is this?

Solution
Thats how that is supposed to work, compatibility mode just allows you to attempt to run the software like you would in say Windows XP or Windows Vista this was really only used for legacy software that did not support newer OS's. For example you have a really old version of some software you use for accounting, and it hasn't been updated for Windows 7, you can choose compatibility mode and choose Windows XP, giving it a higher chance of working (though not guaranteed)
Thats how that is supposed to work, compatibility mode just allows you to attempt to run the software like you would in say Windows XP or Windows Vista this was really only used for legacy software that did not support newer OS's. For example you have a really old version of some software you use for accounting, and it hasn't been updated for Windows 7, you can choose compatibility mode and choose Windows XP, giving it a higher chance of working (though not guaranteed)

Solution