[SOLVED] Compatibility ~ Motherboard and Memory

xoutostrela

Honorable
Dec 19, 2017
So after I was done with military I started working.
I'm about to get paid, so I would like to do a small present to my 4 year old rig with an old i3-7100...
I have an old GTX 960 Ti so for the time being and for the games I play I'm pretty satisfied with it.
I'm going to buy an MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk Motherboard together with i5-10400F. Around 220 euros combined.
I have some G.Skill Aegis 16GB (F4-2400C17D-16GIS ) from my current rig and that's enough but...
On the motherboard site, after searching in the supported memory list on G.Skill I did found similar codes as F4-2400 but then there is none after that with Cas 17 or 16GIS.
I'm pretty sure it's gonna work, after all these lists are never complete as there are a lot of memories out there to test.
But if somebody knows a little more and can help me get that fear out of the way it would be a pleasure.

D

Deleted member 362816

ddr4-2400 is going to hit your overall performance very hard even on the intel platform. I would recommend to get at minimum a 3200 kit (CAS) really doesn't matter that much tbh in normal situations get what's cheap.

xoutostrela

Honorable
Dec 19, 2017
~Captain Discombobulate - At first I was going to buy another kit, but that's just extra money.
I didn't clarify that I don't play crazy intense AAA Titles, I play mostly CPU intense games like Gmod or Oxygen not Included.
Others are War Thunder but even with my todays rig I have 0 problems running it 100fps medium graphics no problem. I just want to get the cpu and mobo for now, ram can come later.
But still thank you for giving some of your time for my post.

~DRagor - I will try what you said, I see what I can find. Thanks a lot mate!

xoutostrela

Honorable
Dec 19, 2017
You can always try compatibility tool on GSkill site, they surely tested more of their RAMs then mobo manufacturers.

I added the motherboards name and found out that the ram that I currently have is compatible ,thanks a lot again Dragor.
It was so simple yet my mind was not going to think that at all.
Have a good day mate!

Reactions: DRagor

TRENDING THREADS