Compatibility of Pc components

Roro_De Leon

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
Im planning to build or upgrade my old pc into mid gaming pc.
Heres my specs:

Mobo: msi H61M -P31 G3
Cpu: intel i5 3450
Ram: 1x 8gb ddr3 1333mhz
HDD:500gb Sata
GPU: zotac gtx 1060 3gb Amp edition (planning to buy)
PSU: Seasonic G550 550 watts(second hand)

Is it compatible to each other?
Or safe to run?

Thanks for the advice

Solution
Everything works, the i5-3450 can handle the GTX 1060 with only worst-case scenario (i.e., a few CPU-demanding games) with possibility of hindering the GPUs max. performance (which can otherwise be solved by adjusting in-game settings), but it is highly unlikely to cause any issues with most games.

PSU is good. Ability to upgrade later on to more powerful components.

Everything is safe to run.

Btw, OP is using an mATX mobo (MSI H61M-P31 G3). It only has one PCIe x16 slot for the GPU (and a PCIe x1 slot below it, nothing more). If he opts for an ATX case (assuming he doesn't have a case yet), there would definitely be a lot of airflow beneath the GPU. Otherwise, a good mATX case (mid-tower or cube) will also do.

Yes, they should all work together. The only concern would be if your case has enough space for the card. The card is 122mm x 210mm (4.8"x8.27"). It requires two slots. The PCI-e x16 slot and the space below it. Although for decent air flow the two slots below the PCI-e x16 should be unoccupied.

Everything works, the i5-3450 can handle the GTX 1060 with only worst-case scenario (i.e., a few CPU-demanding games) with possibility of hindering the GPUs max. performance (which can otherwise be solved by adjusting in-game settings), but it is highly unlikely to cause any issues with most games.

PSU is good. Ability to upgrade later on to more powerful components.

Everything is safe to run.

Btw, OP is using an mATX mobo (MSI H61M-P31 G3). It only has one PCIe x16 slot for the GPU (and a PCIe x1 slot below it, nothing more). If he opts for an ATX case (assuming he doesn't have a case yet), there would definitely be a lot of airflow beneath the GPU. Otherwise, a good mATX case (mid-tower or cube) will also do.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS