Question Compatibility of RTX 40 series GPU with my PC case ?

elinbarrage

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
hello guys,ive got some questions about using an rtx 40 series card on my case, see the length of the card is nearly 343mm and my case supports up to 360 mm but the question is will it actually restrict the airflow or not ?
Its' actually an old full-tower case.

hello guys,ive got some questions about rtx 40 series card on my case,see the length of the card is nearly 343mm and my case supports up to 360 mm but the question is will it actually restrict the airflow or?its actually an old fulltower case.
No. For video cards, how much space there is between its fans and the next obstruction (be it the bottom of the case or the side panel if side mounted) is far more important than how much clearance there is between it and the front of the case.

elinbarrage

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
No. For video cards, how much space there is between its fans and the next obstruction (be it the bottom of the case or the side panel if side mounted) is far more important than how much clearance there is between it and the front of the case.
speaking of that,there is usually a m.2 x4 slot on top of the pcie 16x slot so there should be no problem if i plug the m.2 ssd first right?and on top of that ,im gonna get a dual tower cpu fan and my case supports up to 185mm height and the cooler height is approximately 163 mm,surely it would fit in the case but will there be any conflict with rtx 40 series triple fans model ?

Last edited:
speaking of that,there is usually a m.2 x4 slot on top of the pcie 16x slot so there should be no problem if i plug the m.2 ssd first right?and on top of that ,im gonna get a dual tower cpu fan and my case supports up to 185mm height and the cooler height is approximately 163 mm,surely it would fit in the case but will there be any conflict with rtx 40 series triple fans model ?
The only thing you have to worry about clearance wise with a video card is what's below it and if it can even fit length-wise. It doesn't matter what's above it.

I have a setup very similar to the one you're asking about. It's completely fine.

elinbarrage

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
The only thing you have to worry about clearance wise with a video card is what's below it and if it can even fit length-wise. It doesn't matter what's above it.

I have a setup very similar to the one you're asking about. It's completely fine.
i had to use usb hub which was located on the bottom of last gpu but not anymore,so there would be no problem with compatibility and clearence with those informations i gave you,right?and thanks btw.

elinbarrage

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
Show photos of your system with side panel removed.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

How many fans installed?
What manufacturer/model rtx 40 series card are you thinking about?
ok ill do it when i get home,there are 5 fans installed
3 at the top two at the front one at the back,rtx 4080 with around 343mm length,the case supports up to 360 tho

i had to use usb hub which was located on the bottom of last gpu but not anymore,so there would be no problem with compatibility and clearence with those informations i gave you,right?and thanks btw.
If you want a reference picture of something that looks sketch, but was totally fine:
6vesjLl.jpg

If you're trying to stuff the card in a microATX case, then maybe I could see there being some issues, but it sounds like you have an ATX case.

elinbarrage

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
If you want a reference picture of something that looks sketch, but was totally fine:
6vesjLl.jpg

If you're trying to stuff the card in a microATX case, then maybe I could see there being some issues, but it sounds like you have an ATX case.
its actually a fulltower case but in terms of gpu clearence room;its not like other fulltower cases!maybe its because that the case is 8 years old or so,whats the model of ur case and gpu and cpu fan?i'd be really glad if u tell me.