[SOLVED] Compatibility Of Ryzen 3800X & Corsair H150i PRO RGB

nabilur

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019
As said in the title. The copper plate in the H150i is convex(AFAIK) and that apparently is bad for Ryzen chips? Should I still get the H150i or consider something else? If I should get something different, what are the best 360mm options?

Solution
The contact base for practically ALL heatsinks and water blocks are not perfectly flat. It's a part of the reason why a thermal interface material is necessary in the first place. It should be fine. I've heard nothing that suggests that there are any particular AIO or air coolers that are problematic in this way to a degree that should exclude them from consideration. Worst case scenario, even if it WAS true, lapping, just like on heatsinks, would always still be an option for those capable of doing so and doing so correctly.

I seriously doubt Corsair would continue to sell a cooling product without modifying it, if it was somehow incompatible with the most popular platform currently in use though.
The contact base for practically ALL heatsinks and water blocks are not perfectly flat. It's a part of the reason why a thermal interface material is necessary in the first place. It should be fine. I've heard nothing that suggests that there are any particular AIO or air coolers that are problematic in this way to a degree that should exclude them from consideration. Worst case scenario, even if it WAS true, lapping, just like on heatsinks, would always still be an option for those capable of doing so and doing so correctly.

I seriously doubt Corsair would continue to sell a cooling product without modifying it, if it was somehow incompatible with the most popular platform currently in use though.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution

nabilur

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019

Alright, thanks for the clarification. I'm just anxious about getting such an expensive AIO hehe

That AIO will do a great job with the 3800x. I have the Corsair H60 on my 3800x and it does a very good job. The only thing the H60 couldn't handle that well was the Folding at Home app. That would get the cpu up to 82C and the only torture test that got it that hot.

Rest assured, your H150i is a nice AIO.

Reactions: nabilur