[SOLVED] Compatibility on older Motherboards

Oct 23, 2019
Is MSI motherboard Z87-G43 compatible with RipjawsX 2x8 Ram sticks?
I am pretty confident that it is compatible, but these ram sticks don't show in the compatibility tab on the MSI page. Did they just stop adding newer ram sticks to the database even if they are compatible or is it not compatible for some reason?

Links to motherboard:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z87-G43/Specification

Link to RAM:
https://www.gskill.com/specification/165/176/1532074896/F3-2133C9D-16GXH-Specification

Last edited:
Solution
I don't really have the money to risk it. Do you think that there is any chance that if I ask G.Skill/MSI they will answer me?
I think they might tell you the same thing....but you can try.
Here's the thing.....I don't want to tell you it's going to work....and then it doesn't work.
That being said.....when I have matched the specs with memory....even when the memory is not on the QVL list......it has worked for me most of the time....and if I had to give an estimate.....I'm not talking 60% of the time....I'm talking more like 80-90% of the time.
Oct 23, 2019
As you said.....according to the specs.....the are compatible.
As far as will they work.....I think they most likely will.....but not with 100% guarantee.
I think the only way to know for sure is to try it.
I don't really have the money to risk it. Do you think that there is any chance that if I ask G.Skill/MSI they will answer me?

Here's the thing.....I don't want to tell you it's going to work....and then it doesn't work.
That being said.....when I have matched the specs with memory....even when the memory is not on the QVL list......it has worked for me most of the time....and if I had to give an estimate.....I'm not talking 60% of the time....I'm talking more like 80-90% of the time.

Solution
Oct 23, 2019
Ok. Thank you! I'm going to try to reach out to them and ask.
This is one of the few available 2133mhz 16gb dual ram sticks available for this motherboard in my country and it's affordable too, so I think I'm going to buy those sticks anyway and if they don't know if it's compatible I'm going to try to tell them to add this model to the list if it is. :D