Question Compatibility out of the box between Biostar H81MHV3 Ver. 7.x mobo and i3 4170?

timeToSleepNow

Reputable
Jan 20, 2021
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if the Biostar H81MHV3 Ver. 7.x mobo is compatible with i3 4170, out of the box, assuming the mobo comes installed with the BIOS released on 2014-01-23. I'm asking this because I'm afraid if I buy the mobo, I will have to buy another CPU only to update the BIOS. Also, although the i3 4170 is present on the CPU supported list of the mobo, they don't say what BIOS version must the mobo have in order to run my CPU.
To notice, I messaged Biostar about this, but they haven't replied yet, and it has been some time. I've also got in touch with one shop asking about the BIOS version the mobo comes with, but they couldn't tell me, since the version wasn't written on the box.

What I found so far, is this page showing the same mobo and CPU that I have, with the mobo having the 2014-05-21 BIOS. So, I'm sure with that BIOS version there won't be any compatibility issues.
Also, I'd be happy if someone could point me to similar sites like valid.x86.fr, where I can see in-depth details about the parts.

Thank you!

Use this first link here:

Then follow up here with this:

If the core i3 does not start up at post, run it down to a local computer store or bestbuy.
Explain the situation and let them update the mobo for you.