[SOLVED] Compatibility question for SSD..

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017
Hey, I was looking to upgrade my ssd, just wanted to make sure what I was looking to get was compatible with my build..I have an B450 AORUS PRO WIFI motherboard, which is AMD.. I was looking to get the Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 2TB 3D NAND Internal SSD..it says that it should work, but I just feel uncomfortable about it with AMD and Intel for some reason..can one of you pros confirm for me plz..? ty so much, I appreciate any help..I'm a little new to pc building just wanted to make sure..

Solution
AMD and intel and nvidia in the same system are fine and dandy.
the drive is a drive and it is made to work with AMD and any other maker who uses the same standards.

the only time you will see conflicts are when the parts need each other and then they use proprietary connections. the CPU and the socket on a motherboard for example.
AMD CPU and an intel drive, with an nvidia card is fine

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the drive is a drive and it is made to work with AMD and any other maker who uses the same standards.

the only time you will see conflicts are when the parts need each other and then they use proprietary connections. the CPU and the socket on a motherboard for example.

Solution

mcr1324

Honorable
Aug 15, 2017

yup I got an Nvidia card too, gtx 1070..alright sounds good..yeah the mobd example was kinda why I wasn't sure, but I figured as long as my board has the right m.2 I should be good..cool thx for the confirm..this intel drive seems pretty good bang for the buck, should be a nice upgrade from my 120gb sata ssd lol