Discussion Compatibility question. Fractal Torrent w/Arctic Liquid Freezer II

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
The Fractal Torrent Mid comes with those a few options with their stock fans but I understand they are very good fans and should be used. First, if I use the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420, could I even install it with the it’s included fans? Can someone help with the correct configuration of this cooler in the case. I was preferring to mount it in the front if possible.

TG, no RGB

https://www.arctic.de/us/Liquid-Freezer-II-420/ACFRE00092A

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Why to an AIO in here at all... but I won't inquire further.

Mounting to the front is the only practical option, except for the Eisbaer Aurora - oh, and maybe quiet's Pure Loop with their in-line pump. Those 2 could be bottom mounted.
if I use the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420, could I even install it with the it’s included fans?
Not at all. It's one or the other.

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
Why to an AIO in here at all... but I won't inquire further.

I had originally configured a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro as I am mainly concerned with noise but after reading up on cooling a 5950x, it seemed that many were going with an AIO. I also figured that this Arctic Liquid Freezer II would be optimal for both temps and sound. Admittedly, I have no intention of overclocking and just plan to run it at optimized speeds.

Mounting to the front is the only practical option, except for the Eisbaer Aurora - oh, and maybe quiet's Pure Loop with their in-line pump. Those 2 could be bottom mounted.

Not at all. It's one or the other.

johnstac

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
After doing some more research, it is clear to me that the Torrent was intended to be air cooled. Makes no sense to modify those 180 fans when they are integral to the case. In another video, it’s said that the 180s should be used and not replaced. They are a great fan and since you’re paying for them in the cost of the case, you may as well use them.

I have instead started looking at cooling the 5950X with an AIO in a Lian Li Lancool III. Thanks for everyone’s feedback. Appreciate the blunt and honest assessment.