compatibility suggestions cooling solutions for gaming PC

noah978

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017
Hello, I am looking for advice on the cpu cooler for my system with an i7 7700k core. I am planning on using an old ATX sized tower with a 550 watt PSU. Please leave suggestions if you find any compatibility issues or have an idea on the CPU cooler.

Here is the link to my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6cxXWX

Thanks

The Evo is a fairly tall cooler. It may fit in your case, or it may not. The Cryorig H7 is a little shorter and cools better, so it's probably a better bet, and not much more expensive either.

I probably would've gone with a much cheaper motherboard (~$100-120) and a much better SSD, personally.

Harsh_11

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Are you planning to overclock? If no, then cryorig h7, be quiet dark pro or noctua dh-15.
If yes then, AIO coolers are your best bet. Cryorig a80 ultimate, nzxt kraken x52, corsair h115i.

I am using the newer model of the same cooler, and temps hit above 70C on load which I don't like. I am running at stock speed. Asus z270e is a great motherboard. I have that one too. Lastly, if you don't need to store large amounts of data then don't buy a HDD, go with a larger capacity SSD and keep adding when you find its time for new one.

Harsh_11

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Samsung 850 evo if you don't want to spend too much, Samsung 950 pro or m.2 drives if you can afford it.

That motherboard is great for the price. I wouldn't go cheaper and strip down many features that it offers.

noah978

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017
I have changed the list to include Cryorig H7. It seems to better in almost every way. If I install the Cryorig H7 and decide later if I want to overclock, will I be able to remove it and use an AIO cooler instead? Thanks!

Harsh_11

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Yeah shouldnt be any problem. You can easily remove it and go with an AIO cooler.