[SOLVED] Compatibility with i5-9600k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2019
The following link will provide you with information on what my build looks like (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZYVn6R). I am trying to figure out what I need to do to get the ram to run up to spec. I read someplace on the internet that it should automatically perform as intended and then I read somewhere else that I may need to O.C.

The partpicker website tells me " The Patriot Viper Steel 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-4400 Memory operating voltage of 1.45 V exceeds the Intel Coffee Lake Refresh CPU recommended maximum of 1.35 V+5% (1.417 V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.35 V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum."

Does that mean the RAM is not compatible or do I need to do something in the bios?

pretty much from patriot:
"If you have an “enthusiast-grade” high-end motherboard like the Asus ROG Maximus (IX, X, XI) Apex series, then you should be able take full advantage of these sublime memory modules from Patriot, and run them at the full speed of DDR4-4400"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS