[SOLVED] Compatibility with memory?

Cvint

Reputable
Jun 17, 2019
Was getting sick of waiting for best buy canada to add the new ryzens thinking about the 9400f paired with the b360m ds3h on pc part picker theres no compatibility issuse with the corsair 3000mhz memory was wondering if thats an error will the memory work on that motherboard?

Solution
That is correct.

One advantage of being "backwards" compatible is that a product/component will properly function in "lesser" environments.

Will not be faster but at least it will work......

Overall, performance can only be as fast as the slowest component.

Ralston18

Titan
Go to the motherboard's manufacturer's website.

Find your motherboard and its' User Guide/Manual/specs.

There should be some listing of what memory modules and corresponding memory configurations are supported.

I would not rely on a "big box" store to make such determinations.

And make an effort to validate any compatibility claims that you do find via applicable Forums and FAQs.

Cvint

Reputable
Jun 17, 2019
Go to the motherboard's manufacturer's website.

Find your motherboard and its' User Guide/Manual/specs.

There should be some listing of what memory modules and corresponding memory configurations are supported.

I would not rely on a "big box" store to make such determinations.

And make an effort to validate any compatibility claims that you do find via applicable Forums and FAQs.
Looked at the compatibility it goes up to 2666mhz but not 3000 i remeber hearing if u get faster memory it just down clocks to a slower speed does any one know if this is the case?

Ralston18

Titan
That is correct.

One advantage of being "backwards" compatible is that a product/component will properly function in "lesser" environments.

Solution

Cvint

Reputable
Jun 17, 2019
That is correct.

Ok thanks im gonns keep this as a worst case scenario give it over the weekend to see if i can eventuslly order the new chip.