Question Compatibility with PSU

ThePrestiged

Commendable
Jul 22, 2020
Hi there,
I currently have a thermaltake TR2 700W 80+ Bronze PSU. I want to upgrade from an EVGA GTX 960 GPU to a MSI RTX 2070 Super and wanted to know what the PSU/GPU compatibility is?

ThePrestiged

Commendable
Jul 22, 2020
The compatibility is the same as it was for the GTX 960. A 700W PSU capacity will be fine. However, the TR2 has been know as one of the worse PSUs Thermaltake ever sold. It's a bit surprising it lasted this long.
Thanks for the info. Is there a PSU you can recommend thats around the same?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Same wattage? You don't need 700W if you don't want to go that big. 600W would be fine. AS long as it is a more dependable make/model. Corsair, EVGA, Seasonic to name a few. But stock is scarce here in the US due to the pandemic related manufacturing shortages.

ThePrestiged

Commendable
Jul 22, 2020
Same wattage? You don't need 700W if you don't want to go that big. 600W would be fine. AS long as it is a more dependable make/model. Corsair, EVGA, Seasonic to name a few. But stock is scarce here in the US due to the pandemic related manufacturing shortages.
Here's a picture of my PSU, I'm getting mixed feedback so I just want to make sure we're on the same page.