[SOLVED] Compatibility

Wilburbruh

Honorable
Feb 14, 2019
Mobo: Asus Tuf B450 Plus Gaming AM4 Micro ATX
GPU:XFX - Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS Black Core Edition Video Card RX-580P828D6

Wondering about compatibility on these 2 parts. New builder and can’t find the GPU in the mobos qvl. Do any mATX support RX 580’s? Do I need to go to an ATX? Am I good to go? Here’s the full build for anyone that can tell me if I’m doing something wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Mobo: Asus Tuf B450 Plus Gaming AM4 Micro ATX
GPU:XFX - Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS Black Core Edition Video Card RX-580P828D6

Wondering about compatibility on these 2 parts. New builder and can’t find the GPU in the mobos qvl. Do any mATX support RX 580’s? Do I need to go to an ATX? Am I good to go? Here’s the full build for anyone that can tell me if I’m doing something wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Yes it has a PCI Express 3.0 Slot and can house any graphic card which requires a PCIE slot.

The PSU recommened for that card is a 500Watt unit and it needs an 8-pin PCIE power connected/cable from the power supply.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador

It is a 600W unit and it has two 6+2 PCIE power connectors so it's "sufficient" but as far as quality is concerned I'm not sure it's the best there is out there. EVGA is a reputable brand but I think this one (BQ series) is not one of their best units which I think are made by HEC.

I'd suggest you post all the parts/components you have in mind so me or others can tell you if there are compatibilty issues or concerns regarding functionality and quality.

Wilburbruh

Honorable
Feb 14, 2019
It is a 600W unit and it has two 6+2 PCIE power connectors so it's "sufficient" but as far as quality is concerned I'm not sure it's the best there is out there. EVGA is a reputable brand but I think this one (BQ series) is not one of their best units which I think are made by HEC.

I'd suggest you post all the parts/components you have in mind so me or others can tell you if there are compatibilty issues or concerns regarding functionality and quality.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V9gkZR
Meant to do that in original post my apologies. Thanks for the help.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/V9gkZR
Meant to do that in original post my apologies. Thanks for the help.

No problem, glad to help. Seems OK to me except for the PSU which is really not of best quality. I'd get a better SSD if budget allows and also maybe a case with better ventilation with that 180-190W TDP graphics card.

As a rule of thumb, it's better to get a PSU that can provide 100W over the needed wattage of the system if you're planning to keep it as they lose some of their juice over the years. The parts you have chosen will use a bit over 400W (over the top of my head) so you would be OK with a 600W PSU.

I'll ask others if they have time to kindly please share their input too @darkbreeze @Colif @sizzling @13thmonkey @Hellfire13 @popatim

This should be good...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($67.95 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - Radeon RX 580 8 GB Gaming 8G Video Card ($179.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($71.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($52.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $756.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-18 05:40 EST-0500

Solution