[SOLVED] Compatible 2 X 4GB = 8GB ram stick for DG41RQ Mother Board

NIJUSSUJIN

Honorable
Oct 20, 2015
Hi,

I am from India; have DG41RQ motherboard which support max of 8GB DDR2 RAM, But I couldn't find any brands which having 4GB in a single stick.
any one please help to find the compatible 4GB single stick DDR2.

with lot of search i came across DDR2 4GB Server RAM is this will compatible for Desktop DG41RQ?

Also does DDR2 800Mhz PC2-6400 240 Pin DIMM Desktop PC Memory Ram For AMD will compatible for my mother Board, I have Intel core2 duo processor?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/8GB-2X4GB-...msV2&brand=AMD&_trksid=p2047675.c100047.m2108

Thanks and Regards,
Sujin Vincent

Solution
4gb ddr modules that work with an Intel board are expensive or difficult to find or both. I've tried and I'm in the US. If you find a set, they will be more expensive than a newer system.
Your Intel DG41RQ does not have ECC memory support, so server grade memory WON'T WORK.

There's no such thing as Intel or AMD only DDR2 memory... strange marketing really.
DDR2-800 is supported by your motherboard and by a C2D CPU... there's no reason why the listed memory in that ebay ad wouldn't work on your system.

Last edited:
4gb ddr modules that work with an Intel board

There's no Intel or AMD specific RAM... I said that before and I'll stand by it.

DDR2-800 will work with either Intel and AMD if the motherboard itself supports them. After all, those modules posted in the ebay ad labeled as "AMD only" use hynix memory chips... that's as standard as you can get. I really don't understand what the seller is trying to do really... confuse people?

I agree that those 4GB DDR2 modules are pretty rare and in general DDR2 is getting expensive.

There's no Intel or AMD specific RAM... I said that before and I'll stand by it.

DDR2-800 will work with either Intel and AMD if the motherboard itself supports them. After all, those modules posted in the ebay ad labeled as "AMD only" use hynix memory chips... that's as standard as you can get. I really don't understand what the seller is trying to do really... confuse people?

I agree that those 4GB DDR2 modules are pretty rare and in general DDR2 is getting expensive.
They are labelled as such even though it is just the chips and chipset compatibility that they're trying to refer to in order to avoid returns. Certain modules work better with one or the other depending on support. I know this from experience as I have a set labelled as 'amd only' and they do work fine in an amd system and show up as 256MB on an intel platform or not recognized at all.

Technically you are right, but the practicality of the situation is that typically these modules will only work with one platform or the other.