Compatible card for NVIDIA 512MB GeForce 315 (dvi,hdmi,vga) card

jjdonohue

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
hi all
i am looking for a replacement card for the NVIDIA 512MB GeForce 315 (dvi,hdmi,vga) card.
It appears that either the fan or the card itself is failing because upon startup after like 5 min, the screen goes blank and i cant bring it back. Its not a sleep issue. I can restart and bring it back on again. I can always get windows to start and have it come on but it always goes black shortly there after. The computer itself is fine as far as i can tell and i know its not the monitor or cable since i can see the screen for a short time before it disappears. Anyway, im not sure if its just overheating or if the card is going bad so i need either a new fan/heatsink (dont know the part but if anyone knows) or just a good replacement card that will work in my HP pavillon 6680t. The card is about 8 years old so maybe it's good to replace anyway.

thanks!

Solution
How much are you looking to spend? You could easily pick up a new Nvidia GT 1030 for about 80USD or find a cheap used GT 730 (not a very good card but very cheap). Id opt for the 1030, its a fairly powerful card for what it is and Im sure there are osme used ones on ebay or craigslist.
How much are you looking to spend? You could easily pick up a new Nvidia GT 1030 for about 80USD or find a cheap used GT 730 (not a very good card but very cheap). Id opt for the 1030, its a fairly powerful card for what it is and Im sure there are osme used ones on ebay or craigslist.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS